Under the E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
- Eureka Forbes will seek equal responsibility and co-operation from our customers in reducing the harmful impact of electronic products.
- Eureka Forbes will also abide by all the rules related to E- Waste management. The Producer of Electrical and Electronic Equipment is responsible of managing such equipment after its `End Of Life’ (EOL). Producer is responsible to making a system of collection of EOL / discarded equipment.
- We at Eureka Forbes, strive to create awareness amongst all our consumers about storage, handling and managing e – waste, protecting the environment.
- Eureka Forbes will create awareness amongst various Stake holders through publishing information in User Manual, packing case, publications, imparting training, seminars etc.
As a part of the e-waste recycling initiative, Eureka Forbes has identified partners; those are India's leading electronic asset management and disposal companies. Under this partnership, Eureka Forbes will provide e-waste drop off centers and ensure environmentally safe management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. The recycling and disposal of e-waste by the recyclers will help us to ensure protection of the environment from any hazardous consequences.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of life equipment handling
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
- Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection centers / points to dispose products that have reached end-of life.
- Always drop your used electronic products batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-waste Collection Centers point.
- Always disconnect the battery from product and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic products on your own.
- Do not throw electronics in bins having Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimate reaches landfills.
- 1. Which products can be recycled through this e-waste Program?
All split air conditioner products manufactured, imported or sold by Eureka Forbes in India alone can be recycled through this program.
- 2. Do consumers have to pay to get their products disposed?
Consumers do not have to pay any money either to Eureka Forbes or its authorized recycler for collection and disposal of their products.
- 3. Which are the locations from where the products can be disposed?
Our authorised recycler has pan-India presence and products can be disposed off/collected from your doorsteps across all locations in India.
- 4. Once a call is registered on the toll free number, how much time will it take for the authorised recycler to come and collect the product?
It will take approximately 7-10 days for the authorized recycler to come and collect the product from your residence/premises. However, the period may vary depending on the location. Eureka Forbes being a mere facilitator shall not be responsible for any delay in this regard.
- 5. Can I drop off my products in the nearest Eureka Forbes dealer or Service Centre?
No. The product has to be handed over to our authorised recycler only.